The ultimate all-in-one small business solution
Website Design & Development + Hosting + Optimization + Marketing
Social Media Marketing
The reason why social media networking and marketing has exploded over the past few years is because of its viral friend-of-a-friend model similar to word of mouth marketing. Studies show that while 9% of people trust online advertisements, a staggering 80% of internet users trust recommendations from consumers and friends for their buying decisions. Major social networks such as Twitter, Linked In, Myspace, and Facebook, can be a very valuable sales and marketing tool if you know how to apply them to your small business website.
There are an endless amount of reasons why social marketing is so important, here are a few..
- Enhances exposure and visibility to your website, which in turn generates traffic.
- Allows you to defend reputation, and create a connection with your clients.
- Compliments existing marketing efforts and can increase brand awareness
- The most effective viral marketing system available
- Super effective lead generation for your business
It is crucial that your business website be seen as a contributor of value to people looking for information. Social media advertising is a universal term that describes activities which increase the importance and popularity of your website within the social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Linkedin, etc) and in the major search engines.
Social media can be any kind of media that is created by a user, and is consumed and re-distributed by other users. There are a variety of social media tools that can be used to create this valuable media they include, blogging RSS feeds, YouTube videos, photo sharing, press releases, and article writing.
What will my business get out of Social Media Platforms?
Social networks like Facebook, and LinkedIn provide businesses with a platform to start a conversation with prospective clients. The secret to effective social marketing is the conversation that is started between the members of the social network and the business owner. The ability to promote to a massive group of targeted prospects is a great advantage, especially since everyone in your networks wants to hear about your new products or service promotions.
Social media Optimization- SMO is the process behind an effective social marketing strategy. This can include the following:
- Using social bookmarks, and marking the most compelling content of your website
- Submitting interesting and informative articles
- Extremely viral videos for YouTube and other video sharing sites
- Submitting attractive slides on Slide Share and other authoritative sites.
- Exchanging links with other webmasters
Social media marketing is part of our free web services and is included in both of our web hosting packages.